PINC Program – giving women with cancer strengthCancer rehabilitation provides so many benefits to people affected by cancer. It reduces unnecessary disability, restores movement and function and improves quality of life. There is strong evidence supporting rehabilitation and exercise not only helping people physically but also emotionally, vocationally and socially..
Physiotherapy and Cancer RehabPINC Cancer Rehab Physiotherapists assess each patient for physical impairments and the effects of their treatment. They work with each patient to create a rehabilitation program to suit their particular stage in recovery. The sessions can include a combination of services including; Manual physiotherapy, graduated resistance training, fatigue management and exercise prescription. There is now an overwhelming body of research showing the benefits of physical activity and rehabilitation during and after cancer treatments in reducing side effects of treatments, improving quality survivorship and prognosis.
Trish Edwards, from Physica Knoxfield, is a certified PINC Cancer Rehabilitation Physio and can help with either individual sessions or class exercise sessions.
This service is only available at Physica Knoxfield.
Three reasons to see a cancer rehab physio during cancer treatment
- Helping to keep you moving - this is so important to reduce pain, increase energy levels, prevent complications and reduce stress and anxiety
- Helping avoid inactivity and deconditioning - this helps reduce side effects of cancer treatment and get you back to your previous condition sooner
- Maintaining strength and fitness - can help you successfully complete your course of cancer treatment through a reduction in side effects and complications and maintaining a more positive mind set
Benefits of exercise during and after cancer treatment
Research shows that exercise
- Reduces the recurrence rate of cancer
- Greater levels of exercise after cancer is associated with a reduction in cancer related death
- Helps reduce the side effects of cancer
- Reduces fatigue
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Improves bone mineral density
- Helps with weight management
- Reduces depression
- Improves overall quality of life
If you are unsure about your suitability for this program please feel free to call our team to confidentially discuss your management. 03 9764 9359
For more information about the PINC cancer rehabilitation program please visit au.pincandsteel.com