Concussion can occur after mild to severe head trauma. The signs and symptoms of concussion can be varied and can include mild headache to severe cognitive functional loss.
At Physica we offer the assessment and rehabilitation of people with concussion.
A typical initial assessment will examine the history and assess the symptoms of the concussion. Our team will then create a treatment and rehabilitation plan and provide you with an expected timeframe for return to normal sports or activities.
Initial Consultation: 60 mins
Follow up concussion consultations: 40 mins
Consultations are eligible for health fund rebates.
what is Concussion
- Disturbance or injury to the brain or surrounding tissue
- Changes in brain structure, pathways and ultimately function
- Normally following contact to the head or elsewhere on the body that shakes the brain inside your head
WHAT ARE THE STAGES OF CONCUSSION
CONCUSSION NEEDS REST
Concussion rehabilitation is a service we offer at Physica by some of our select Physiotherapists.
To book a session please select "Concussion Physiotherapy"- note this is not available for all physiotherapists at all locations.
To find out more you can fill in the form above or call our team on 03 9870 8193
Concussion Physiotherapists at Physica
Anthony is a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist who has trained and worked extensively in Concussion Assessment and Management.
Overseas he has worked with Motorsport Race Car Drivers in the UK and Rugby Union players in New Zealand. Here he played a role in implementing Matchday Concussion Management Protocols and Return to Sport criteria.
Locally he has worked with Australian Rules Footballers and Cricketers.
CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT FOR CLUBS/TEAMS
- coach and sports trainer education and training for the signs and early management of concussion.
- learn how to manage one off or recurrent concussion in the players